Saturday 15 September 2012

Black As Night - Black Panther/Leopard oil painting

Black As Night - Black Panther/Leopard oil painting
6" x 6" oil on hardboard/masonite

This was fun to paint! I love painting black on black as it's so interesting to see how many colours you can actually incorporate into the black - I wonder if anyone can guess the colours used in this painting?

I'm afraid the photo really isn't very good - it's hard enough to take accurate photos ordinarily but when it's of a painting like this, it really becomes almost impossible. I think though you can get a pretty good idea of the original painting. I might try and get a better photo tomorrow and if I do I will of course post it.

(Addendum - I've replaced the original photo with one which is a bit closer to the actual painting!)

SOLD

This painting is straight off the easel and will need to dry for approximately 3 weeks before it can be shipped.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I totally love this painting!

annezoutsos said...

Thank you very much Linda!