Sunday 20 May 2012

Fairy Wrens - original oil bird painting

Fairy Wrens - 5" x 7" oil on hardboard/masonite

I was absolutely enchanted by these little birds when I saw the photo taken by aussiegall at flickr. I've done some research about them and they come from the family Maluridae. This family includes 14 species of fairywren, 3 emu-wrens, and 10 grasswrens. 

I believe, although I am not sure, that the little birds I have painted are fledglings. Certainly in my mind they were as I painted them, hugging closely to each other as they face the brave new world - I can just imagine touching their soft plumage; how lovely that would be.

SOLD


2 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Anne, this is truly your most endearing and enchanting painting ever. I love it so much.

annezoutsos said...

Thanks so much Kathryn. They are such sweet little birds I couldn't resist painting them!