Thursday 3 May 2012

Beagle Sea View

Beagle Sea View - 7" x 5" oil on hardboard/masonite

In April parts of the UK were deemed to be in a drought situation having had 2 consecutively dry winters. In order to reduce the amount of water used, hosepipes and sprinklers - for watering gardens, washing cars etc. was banned in some areas, including where I live, meaning these jobs would have to be done with watering cans and buckets. I think it was the very next day that it started to rain and it has done virtually nothing else since! Well, all right, I am exaggerating a bit but it was the wettest April since records began and May has not been great either! All this means that I am now longing for lovely hot, sunny days and if I can't enjoy them in reality, at least I can enjoy them vicariously through my paintings hence Beagle Sea View above. In case you're wondering, yes, it is a lovely hot day in this painting with just the hint of a cool breeze to keep everyone comfortable; the sea is warm but refreshing - enjoy! 

SOLD

This painting is straight off the easel and will need to dry for several days before it can be shipped.

No comments: